Memories Only Baby Boomers Would Have!
Posted on 16 December 2019
Things that the generation born between 1946 and 1964 would remember whilst they were growing up are very different to our younger generations and they certainly don’t include Smartphones and Facebook.
- Going to the drive in.
- Jumping on a pogo stick.
- Dragster bikes.
- Getting your mail twice per day.
- Marvelling at your first electronic calculator.
- Answering the phone at home.
- Looking up a fact in an encyclopedia.
- Milk delivered to your front door.
- Seeing TV channels signoff at the end of the night, remember that test pattern?
- Looking up a number in the phone book.
- Buying the Saturday paper to look for your first car.
- Listening to a transistor radio.
- Changing the channel on the black and white TV meant having to walk across the room.
- Getting your first single or LP.
- Smoking on airplanes or trains.
- Speaking to a switchboard operator to get a reversed charge call (if you needed to phone home but didn’t have any money for the public
- Using a manual typewriter and carbon copy paper for copies of letters.
- Telegrams for urgent messages to other states or countries.
Read more from our blog